Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India has been conferred the Skoch Award for National Significance at an event held recently in New Delhi. The award was received by Secretary, Ministry of New Renewable Energy Shri Anand Kumar.
The award has been conferred considering its purpose and critical role played in installing about 73 GW renewable energy capacity in the country.
With 21 percent of total installed capacity, within the year renewable energy grossed one billion units of electricity in the country.
- India ranks fourth in the world in wind energy capacity, and
- India ranks fifth in solar & total energy capacity installed in the world.
- India had played a critical role in setting up of the international solar alliance.
- It is a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth since 1997.
- It has instituted India’s highest independent civilian honors in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics, and the social sector.
Skoch Award 2018
Who can nominate?
- Central government
- State government
- Local body
- City/District administration
- State Owned Enterprises/Undertakings
SKOCH Award celebrates the excellence of governance delivery by domain departments. This includes having sufficient familiarity, capacity, and knowledge about the functionality of their systems, processes, and outcomes.