The government has presented the Certificates of Appreciation to 34 Ministries/departments for implementation of e-office programme in their respective ministries/departments.
The awards have been given by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India.
About e- office programme:
E-Office is one of the Mission Mode Projects under Digital India Programme.
The e-Office solution enables core operations of the Government at all levels to be performed in a virtual ‘paper-less’ environment. This application is, thus, a major step in realizing the objective of an open and responsive Government.
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG) is the nodal Department for implementation of e-Office project. National Informatics Centre (NIC) is the technical partner in this project.
- To improve efficiency, consistency and effectiveness of government responses.
- To reduce turnaround time and to meet the demands of the citizens charter.
- To provide for effective resource management to improve the quality of administration.
- To reduce processing delays.
- To establish transparency and accountability